Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tim O'Hare Announces Run for Mayor


Tim O'Hare has officially announced that he is seeking the office of Mayor of Farmers Branch. He made the announcement this morning on 570 KLIF, and is set to be on KRLD today at 10:00am, and the Mike Gallagher Show on 660 KSKY on Tuesday, January 29th.

Tim O'Hare is the right leader at the right time for Farmers Branch. Exciting things are happening, much of them directly due to his leadership and hard work on behalf of the citizens of our city. Tim O'Hare is uniquely qualified to lead this city to new heights.

Here's the text of an email Mr. O'Hare emailed last night to supporters.

Friends:

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that your 2008 is off to
a great start. I wanted all of you to be the first to know about my
plans. It is with tremendous excitement that I am announcing my
intention to run for Mayor of Farmers Branch this May.

As many of you know, I was born and raised in Farmers Branch and love
my hometown. I believe the future of Farmers Branch is as bright as
it has ever been. During the last three years, we have laid the
foundation for a period of revitalization and redevelopment in our
community that will position us for success for many years to come.
It is an exciting time for Farmers Branch. We are on track for the
future, and I want to help us stay on track by leading us for the next
three years as your Mayor.

I had a good conversation with Mayor Bob Phelps, who has told me he
will not be seeking re-election. He is a fine man and is to be
commended for his many years of service to Farmers Branch.

Together, we can help Farmers Branch be one of the safest cities in
the Metroplex, continue to enjoy a very low municipal tax rate,
maintain and enhance our city services and continue to beautify our
wonderful city. Farmers Branch is a special place, and I hope I can
count on your support.

Please visit my website at www.timothyohare.com, where you can read
about my goals for the city, as well as other information that you may
find useful. We have a strong team of volunteers, but we will gladly
add you to our list. I will be updating my blog every week from now
until the election. I hope you will check it out and give me your
feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to serve you over the past three years. I
hope you will allow me the honor and privilege of serving you as Mayor
for the next three.

Call me or e-mail me anytime with your thoughts, ideas and
suggestions. Thanks again for your support.

Sincerely,

Tim O'Hare
Mayor Pro Tem
Candidate for Mayor, May 2008
City of Farmers Branch
972-484-6980

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim,

I wish you the best. It is enjoyable to observe individuals who keep their feet in motion toward incremental goal attainment.
Today Farmers Branch.... tomorrow, the Senate. smile

Regards,
Tammy Swofford

January 24, 2008 at 7:31 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page